You may find
- Names of properties are clickable and colour-differentiated so navigation is intuitive and easy.
- Properties can be highlighted (also links to appropriate references are provided).
- Found objects can be easy added (by click) for another lookup.
- Dislayed output can be filtered in various ways.
- Simple DOM 'debugger' for testing DOM in loaded document.
- 3.1.2001 - bug "dictionary for DOMdebugger opens outside of screen" was fixed, minor changes in "preferences" and tutorial
- 14.12.2000 - initial version
Requirements and Limitations
Tested with Mozilla (post M18), Netscape6 and InternetExplorer5.5.
- thanks to some strange display bug I had to implement some workarounds to force browser to redisplay page; however menus still won't be displayed properly
- Internet Explorer
- thanks to unbelievable DOM bug ("objects in page atfer IFRAME are not found") and some minor differences (and also some bugs in Mozilla) own source codes for this browser exists
- I don't know about any easy (if any) way of lookuping object's functions, thus only properties of object are found.
- No lookup for event object properties at this moment.
- No keybord shortcuts at this moment. (I guess at least ESC would be handful...)
- (complete list of issues, known bugs...)